Thursday, September 22, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ben!



Well, I've been the mother of four for a year now.  A long, hectic, wonderful year.  Something about this year changed me.  I'm not really a better mom, but I'm definitely a happier one.  I love being with these kids; I love watching them grow up and I've even found myself taking pictures of their messes so that I can remember them when my house is empty and clean someday.  

This new attitude may be the result of maturity or desperation but I think it mainly comes from looking at my little family and saying, "hey!  Everyone's here.  Now let's get this party started!"  Add to that the considerable joy I feel at the prospect of never being pregnant again, and it's been a party, for sure.  Ben is more delightful than I possibly could have hoped.  I mean, look at him.  If he were your kids, you'd be writing gushy blog entries about him too.  :)  




3 comments:

Thom and Jamie Stansfield said...

Adorable! Congrats! your blog gives me hope! i'm still sick as a dog and so cannot wait till i am never prego again!

Austin said...

Super cute, though I wouldn't expect less from kids blessed enough to be called yours.

WOW! I can't believe someone I knew just like 10 years ago has 4 kids! Well done, and I'm sure you're an amazing mother, it's the good ones (who are always trying) that think they need improvement. The bad parents often think they're great.

Jenny said...

I love those googly eyes.